Sunday, October 21, 2012

Teamwork

     I like team sports.  What interests me most about them is figuring out what allows a group of different people to join their talents and make it all come together to achieve a goal.  So, I try to apply what I've learned to my business - the business of building teams with horses and people.
      I really enjoy helping people learn and understand their horses and learn the skills needed to ride them well.  I like putting horse and rider together and making them a team.  I like to make the whole process make sense.
     My clients have made me the successful trainer I am.  Without them I could not have done it - no trainer does it alone, it's always a team effort.  I believe in confidence but not in overblown egos.  So, when all is said and done, it is about my students and their horses, not about me.
     One of my great joys in life is watching students ride horses I have trained and knowing they have become a team.  That they are now working as one towards their goals.
     To all of you over the years:  thank you!!  See you next week.  JD

No comments:

Post a Comment