Sunday, August 26, 2012

Coming Home

     After a big, important show, it's always good to reflect on what has just happened.  I like to look back and see if I would have changed anything.  Were my final presentations good?  Were my riders well prepared?  Were they confident (very important!)?  Did I keep everything orderly and running smoothly (equally important!)??  How about the little details like did everyone get enough sleep and get to eat sometime reasonable?  How about the trip itself - was it without mishap (yes!)??
     I believe all these factors make for a  successful show.  I can't control the judges' decisions or a child jumping up and down in the stands, and I certainly can't control the weather, but I can make darn sure I cover all my bases before the trip and during the show and then get everyone home safe and sound.
   And yes, Canadian Nationals was a very good show for us again this year!  I am proud of my riders, my horses and frankly of my work as a trainer and coach.  It's an honor to show and compete with such great trainers and horses - I can't wait to do it again next year!  See you next week, JD

No comments:

Post a Comment