Sunday, March 4, 2012

Community

     One of the wonderful things I love about the horse business is getting to know so many really nice people - riders, trainers, vets, farriers, stewards, judges and more.  It seems that wherever I go, I find someone I know - someone that it's nice to catch up with.
     I recently hauled a load of hunter/jumper warmbloods to a show in the central California area - Rancho Murieta, just outside of Sacramento - and wouldn't you know it, I ran into people I knew at that show.  It was great to catch up with them and hear what was new and it confirmed, as I've always been proud of, that we, as horse people are part of a larger community. We share interests and common ground even though our shows and disciplines may be very different.
     That commonality is a great strength for our industry.  We are all horsemen whether we're professionals or amateurs.  We are brought together by our love and deep interest of horses and horsemanship.  I am so proud to be part of the community of horsemen.  See you next week!  JD

No comments:

Post a Comment