Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Year

     One of the wonderful things about being involved with horses is the prospect of the upcoming year.  It brings excitement, hope and challenge into our lives.  The cycle creates an atmosphere and a need that encourages and demands ever increasing levels of improvement.  The standard is always rising.  Horses and horsemen are always getting better.
     It is the excitement of going to Scottsdale, of seeing all the new competitors and the older past champions that we have come to love and respect.  The old and the new working towards a new excellence, a new gold standard.  It's the promise of returning - yes, we will return - to Canadian Nationals in the new year. 
     Do I expect another year as wonderful as the last?  No, but I will try my damndest to make another National Champion and I will be happy with whatever happens as long as I know I've given it my best.  New Years brings new excitement and expectations..........and the horsemen's cycle continues.....    See you next week!  JD

No comments:

Post a Comment